We will respect your right to confidentiality. Please help us by not asking about other patients’ medical conditions.
- We will endeavour to see any patient with a medically urgent problem on the same day.
- We will try to see you on time but delays can happen unexpectedly. We will keep you informed and you are free to make another appointment if you cannot wait. Please cancel an appointment if you do not need it.
- We will advise you how and when to obtain the results of any tests or X-rays that we arrange for you. If you believe that you require a second opinion we will try to help you to obtain one.
- If medically necessary, we will visit you at home and the doctor will usually speak to you to assess its urgency. Please ring before 10:00 unless a genuine emergency arises later.
- We will arrange emergency cover outside normal surgery hours.
- We will keep accurate written and computerised records, to which you have access under the Access to Medical Information legislation. Please tell us if you change address or you may be inadvertently removed from the practice list. We are registered under The Data Protection Act.
- We will always try to have routine repeat prescriptions ready within 2 full working days of receiving the request.
- In the same way as patents have the right to remove themselves from our lists, so we can remove patients who persistently abuse the staff, other patients, or the service we provide.