Before booking an appointment with one of our clinicians, it may be worth looking at our self-referrals to check if a surgery appointment is needed for the service you require.
Booking an Appointment
When requesting an appointment via the website, please use our get help for a health problem form and ensure you provide as much information as possible about your condition/issues. During the current Covid-19 situation we are trying to ensure that people only have to come to the practice if absolutely necessary.
Where possible and appropriate clinicians may reply to your query in writing or they may call or video call you.
Some things to note:
- Please submit only 1 issue for 1 person with each form completed.
- If you have multiple issues or you wish to submit queries for more than 1 person – please submit a form for each issue / person.
- If you have a skin condition or something else that is visual – you may be asked to send a photo of the issue by text..
- If you think a face to face appointment might be needed – it would really help if you could let us know when you might be available to come to the practice.
When you have submitted a form a clinician may call you the same morning or afternoon, so you will need to please keep your mobile phone turned on. Clinicians will try to contact you twice, and if they have not managed to get through to you we will assume that your query has resolved (if you have a mobile phone the clinician will text you each time they have tried to contact you). You will then need to submit another form if you wish us to still support you with the issue.
Booking online is not currently available as all appointment requests are being triaged via the website forms.
For people without internet access/smartphones, please call the practice on 01372 455450 and one of our reception team will complete the website form on your behalf.
Video GP Appointments
LIVI is a video GP service that allows patients to have same-day video appointments including out-of-hours on weekdays and throughout the weekend. This is an app based service which allows you to book a GP appointment up to 7 days in advance or join a drop-in queue to see a GP – usually with waiting times of less than 30 minutes. Get medical advice, prescriptions and referrals on the same day – even at weekends. The service is provided free on the NHS.
You can download the LIVI app to your mobile phone or tablet, at the App Store or Google Play. Or visit ww.livi.co.uk for more information.
LIVI GPs are all GMC-registered NHS GPS, who (with your consent) will be able to access your medical records and give you a considered, in-depth diagnosis based on your medical history.
Our extended hours opening is currently not available due to the Covid-19 situation. This may change as the overall Covid-19 situation changes.
Cancellation of Appointments
Please note that appointments or queries can be cancelled by:
- Completing our online Cancel an Appointment form
- Emailing the practice – email@example.com
- Calling us on 01372 455450
- Patients are registered with ‘Fairfield Medical Centre’ and therefore can see any doctor at the practice.
- You may wish to have continuity of care in which case please ask for the doctor to review your query (particularly for on-going, complex or unresolved problems). Please note though that the clinician of your choice may not be available.
- Late arrival for face to face appointments can result in surgeries running late and cause inconvenience to others.
- If you are late for a face to face appointment, you may be asked to rebook.
- Appointments are for one patient only and are for 10 minutes each. If your problem is complex or likely to need a gynaecological examination then please request a double appointment.